Our Church Covenant
We, the members of this Port Williams United Baptist Church family, by the grace of God, in the manner of Jesus, and through the power of the Spirit, will strive always:
· to be inclusive and welcoming of all persons, while appreciating and respecting our differences;
· to demonstrate loving concern for each other;
· to learn and grow through faithful study of the Scriptures and the world in which we live;
· to share our time, talents, and treasures joyfully in service to Christ, within our church, our community, and around our world.
Adopted – November, 2009
Our Statement of Inclusion
Port Williams United Baptist Church, in the name of Jesus Christ, welcomes all who seek to know God.
- We affirm that all people are created in the image of God, and as beloved children of God, all are worthy of God’s love and grace.
- We welcome all people into the full life and ministries of this church, regardless of race, ethnicity, creed, class, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression as we journey in faith toward reconciliation through Christ.
- We recognize that there are differences among us, but believe that we can live together and love alike even though we may not think alike.
- We proclaim this statement of welcome to all, especially to those who have known the pain of exclusion or discrimination in the church and society.
- And we invite all people to join us in our faith journey toward greater love, understanding and mutual respect.
- Adopted – March 9, 2015
Click here to view the 2014 Annual Report.
Click here to view the 2015 Annual Report
Click here to view the 2016 Annual Report
Click here to view the Annual Report 2017
Click here to view the Annual Report 2018
Our Church Constitution
This Memorandum of Agreement and By-Laws were passed at a Church meeting on May 22, 2019 and will form the basis for our application for incorporation under the societies of Nova Scotia Act.
Portions in yellow were changes requested by the CRA which will be ratified at an upcoming meeting.
Our Mission Statement
We exist to know and worship God in Jesus Christ, and to share God’s love with all creation.